The morning started out getting up early (7:30am) and waiting for the young ones to wake. Struggling to stay awake, as I sip on coffee and watch the 3rd replay of Sports Center, I wait nervously for the day to begin. Finally, around 830, the youngest one wakes up and the next challenge begins.... After starting the youngest one with a bowl full of cheerios and toast, or how she would pronounce it toassscht, the oldest one rises. Breakfast goes great, no spills, the kids eat most of their food and no major fits...from me.
After breakfast, I get the girls dressed and head up to the playroom. In the playroom, there are close to a 1,000 different things the girls could do. We however, decided to have a dance party! I tried to keep it light and fun with them. I don't want them to see me as a rule enforcer, just the cool, fun uncle. I think I did that with my awesome dance moves!
The time passes as we do, about 999 out of the 1000 activities and the next thing we know, it is lunch time. I make a deal with them that if they eat all their food, there will be special surprise for them after dinner. With much convincing, they struggle to finish their squash, or as they would say, quassh. We clean up and then head upstairs. The next part is probably the best part of the day...NAP TIME! They lay down like angels and fall asleep within 5-10 minutes. Call me the baby whisperer.
Shortly before the girls woke up from their nap, their mom, my sister, makes a surprise visit home for the day. I was excited to get to hand them off to her. I made it through my day of babysitting and was happy to have been able to help them out. No major problems and I grew that much close to my nieces.
All in all, a great day! I think I wont count out being a parent quite yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment