I have always enjoyed the outdoors and have been an avid hiker since my trip out west to Philmont back in 1999. I want my next quest to be the Appalachian Trail, or also known as the AT. To hike the entire trail in what is called a Thru-hike, takes anywhere from 5-6 months, depending on how fast of a hiker you are. I have missed the ideal time to start the hike and do not have 5 months to dedicate to not earning an income, therefore, I think I am gonna do sections of the trail until I have accomplished the trail. I am very excited to do this and cannot wait to start my adventure.
My name is Jack. I am new to the blogging scene, so I thought I would give it a try. Come with me on my journey as I write about...whatever! Enjoy
Monday, September 21, 2009
Appalachian Trail Hike
I want you to close your eyes, well, not right now cause you need to read what you will be picturing;). Imagine you are on a well beaten path that has been around since 1921. The path covers 2000+miles and travels through 14 states starting in Georgia and ending in Maine. Along the way you will see some of the most beautiful mountain ranges in over 40 national/state/federal parks. You will have a sleeping bag, tent, a weeks worth of food at a time, water and dedication. Everything thing you have will be strapped on your back and hopefully not weigh over 30 pounds. You will be on one of the oldest trials in America, doing something a very low percentage of people have ever done. Sound like fun, doesn't it? I think so!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment